Friday, May 1, 2009

Short time

Where has the time gone? It's only a week from tomorrow that the intrepid riders gather for bike inspections and orientation! I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Last Sunday, I met the other SoCal rider, Ira, for a training ride around Palos Verdes. It was good to put at least one face to a name. Since this was a training ride, we pushed ourselves. Ira's a young, strong rider and we had a great time. We stopped at the Manhattan Beach pier for a picture; this is where the fun begins. Where is everyone? Ira and I are ready to go. This week was the last hard week of training; I've started tapering off to my "normal" mileage in preparation for the "big ride."

1 comment:

  1. You do seem very ready to go... At least you're not pointed the wrong way down the pier. That would make for a very short ride or a very wet one!

    I'll be following your ride. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete