Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cousin Harry (aka three degrees of separation)

A couple of years ago, one of my bike buddies asked me if I was willing to sell one of my old bikes. His neighbor's English cousin was thinking about riding across the U.S. and wanted to buy a back-up bike. Cousin Harry was in town and came by the house to look at the bike, ultimately buying it. He asked me to keep it in my garage until he needed it. The following year, Harry had a knee operation and did not come to the States. Another year goes by and I still have Harry's bike in my rafters...

When the CrossRoads' roster for this year's ride was sent out, I saw Harry's name! Cousin Harry was coming on the same trip I was taking! It's a small world.

Harry got into town last weekend and today joined me for a short ride up the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment