Saturday, March 28, 2009

Walter

Walter has ridden his bicyle across the United States three times; his last cross-country ride was when he was eighty years old!

Walter will be 86 this year and is still going strong. He rides with the Palos Verdes Bicycle Club three or four days a week. He wanted to do the crossing again this year, but he fell in a bicycling accident in December and just isn't up to going with me.

I wore my new CrossRoads jersey on a club ride last week. Walter said he had one just like it and could I wear mine on Friday. Here's the picture of Walter and me.

Walter is my hero. I want to be him when I grow up.

2 comments:

  1. I seriously doubt you will every grow up. Walter is also my hero.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. In just want to be like you Jim! You amaze and inspire me everytime I am lucky enough to be in your company.

    ReplyDelete