Monday, March 23, 2009

Anticipation

I signed up for this year's cross-country ride more than a year ago! Of course, the waiting and planning is part of the fun, but I'm ready for this thing to get started. CrossRoad's has a ten-week training cycle that we are all trying to complete. I live in Southern California, so it's very easy for me to get out and ride. Those who live where they have that nasty white stuff must be going crazy on their indoor trainers.

Our duffle bags and CrossRoads jerseys arrived today. We have to limit our luggage (not counting the stuff we will carry on the bicycles) to thirty pounds max. I did a preliminary packing and my two bags total 17 pounds. Either I've forgotten something, or I have a great deal of leeway in what I carry. No sense in taking any more than the bare minimum. We will always be near a store and my credit card weighs next to nothing.

By the way, if you are riding across the country on a bicycle, don't bother to mention it to any non-bikers; they just don't understand. Bike riders, on the other hand, they get real excited and want to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment